Your home’s air ducts are the vehicle that transports all of your hot and cold air to the many rooms within your home. Air cycles through your ducts several times a day 365 days of the year! Although often overlooked, air duct cleaning is an integral part of your home’s maintenance. Today we’re talking air duct cleaning. Let’s explore what it is and why it’s important!
What is Air Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning is the process of removing dust, debris and particles from your ductwork. This includes your large vents, registers and everything in between! The Bronco team has equipment that is specifically designed to effectively clean out all of the dust and debris that are been sitting within your vent system and re-circulating throughout your home.
Benefits of Duct Cleaning
Getting your ducts cleaned is very beneficial to you and those in your home! A few benefits to getting your air ducts cleaned include:
- A Clean Home: After getting your ducts cleaned you might notice that dust around your home isn’t building up at the same rate that it once was! Getting those ducts cleaned out promotes a healthy living environment.
- Reduces Allergens and Irritants: Do you suffer from allergies or asthma? Dander, mildew and pollen can get trapped in your ducts, increasing your yearly and seasonal symptoms!
- Removes Home Odours: Cleaning products and food odours move through your ducts on a semi-regular basis. Depending on your lifestyle, tobacco and paint fumes can also accumulate over time. Clean ducts means less debris to trap unpleasant odors!
- Lower Energy Bill: When your air ducts are are clogged the airflow through your vents is slowed. This results in your HVAC system having to work harder to deliver all of your hot and cold air needs. As a result your energy expenditure increases, eventually showing up on your monthly energy bill!
Signs You Need Your Ducts Cleaned
Now that you know just how beneficial it is to get your ducts cleaned you might be wondering if it’s time to book your duct cleaning. Some tell-tale signs that it might be time for a duct cleaning include:
- A recent renovation that has resulted in an increase in dust and unsafe particles.
- An increase in the amount of dust around your home
- Unpleasant smells that could be a result of mold or an excess of odor trapping debris.
How Often Should You Clean Your Ducts?
So, just how often you should get your air ducts cleaned? Thankfully this isn’t something that you need to be worrying about on a semi-annual or even annual basis. It’s recommended that you get your ducts cleaned every 2 to 3 years to help promote a healthy living environment.
Get Your Ducts In A Row
Determined that it’s time to get your ducts clean so you can experience debris-free air throughout your home? The Bronco team has several certified technicians who are trained to perform duct cleaning!
Our team is just one phone call away! Trust the experts at Bronco and book your duct cleaning today!